What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.8.1.4 Identity preserved foods

Started by , Oct 29 2016 11:00 AM
4 Replies

In section 2.8.1.3 Raw material and ingredient specifications to identity preserved foods shall include requirements for their handling, transport, storage and delivery prior to use.

All raw materials and ingredients we receive are Kosher certified and we request and maintain Kosher certificates for all.  Our supplier specifications don't have requirements for handling, transport, storage and delivery.  All of our finished product specifications have Kosher statements listed on them stating all products at our facility are Kosher certified.  Do I need to do anything else for this part?  We are only working on level 2 so I'm not sure if I need a procedure for this.

Thank You

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sea Salt Identity Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition What to do when the last manufacturer identity is confidential?
[Ad]

Hi jportz,

2.8 Identity Preserved Foods
2.8.1 General Requirements for Identity Preserved Foods
This clause is not applied at level 2.

Maybe of interest, this is from the guidance (appropriate to level 3):

The supplier must have written procedures detailing how raw materials that are processed in identity-preserved products are separated to prevent commingling with generic raw materials during handling, transport, storage and delivery prior to use.
Assurances concerning raw materials or an ingredient’s identity preserved status shall be included in raw material specifications (refer 2.3.2). A product process description shall allow for a product’s identity preserved status to be maintained with manufacturing carried out on dedicated equipment or scheduled to avoid cross-contamination. The identity preserved status shall be declared in accordance with regulatory requirements.

Kind regards,

Tony
1 Thank

If we have all our products Kosher certified at the facility and all incoming ingredients are Kosher certified but, we are working on Level 2.  I assume this section does not apply to use right now then.

Section 2.8.1 does not apply to Level 2 - Only Level 3.

As stated above, Indentity Preservation is a quality issue addressed in Level 3.

I don't know how picky your customers would be.  I work for a company that produces flexible, plastic packaging.  We get questions about Kosher and Halal certification for our packaging products.  There can be components of packaging that contain animal-derived (slip agents) or non-Kosher Passover such as corn starch.

Similar Discussion Topics
Sea Salt Identity Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition What to do when the last manufacturer identity is confidential? Export Pet Foods from Canada to US Size of the holes in the sieve used for flour, starch and semolina in foods Time and Temperature Limits in a Grocery Store with Hot Foods Could foods home cooked with oil be stored in the fridge for more than four days? BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods