What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Clause 7.1.2 - Competency Assessment

Started by , Nov 01 2016 03:34 PM
5 Replies

Hi Everyone 

I am wanting to strengthen our competency assessment of staff who are involved in the monitoring of Critical control points. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers please.

I currently use a form, and go through the monitoring after the training has been given.

Any comments and examples would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks 

:headhurts:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials
[Ad]

Do you perform monthly/quarterly onsite assessments?  That way you can ensure that the CCPs are being monitored and corrective actions are implemented

Hi Everyone 

I am wanting to strengthen our competency assessment of staff who are involved in the monitoring of Critical control points. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers please.

I currently use a form, and go through the monitoring after the training has been given.

Any comments and examples would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks 

:headhurts:

Hi Martyn,

It may relate to the specific nature of the CCPs of course. ??

What do you mean by "Competency" ?

ie how do feel that the relevant personnel are currently not adequately competent ?

This presumably should be the focus of any training requirements.

Hi Martyn,

How long after the training do you carry out the monitoring assessment?

In my opinion it should be straight afterwards to ensure that the person has listened and understood. The last thing you want is CCP monitoring personnel carrying out monitoring without a full understanding of the procedure, especially the corrective action.

Some people i have heard carry it out a few days after to ensure that they have remembered the training but this in my opinion is leaving too much to chance.

Ideally competency assessment should be carried out over a few days to ensure that 1) they have understood, and 2)They still have a good retention of it in their heads.

How do you document "Competency Assessment"?

Hello,

For competancy assessment we create a self-assessment checklist divided by topis. For example "Personal hygene" and 5-6 specific requirements below. The employee must rate its knowledge from 1 to 5 (5 = can teach others) and send back the file to HR. Base on this we prepare training plan and perform the trainings for the crew.

BR,

Kameliya

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 BRCGS Clause 3.7.5 - Supply Chain Traceability FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.7 - Environmental Monitoring Programme Addressing clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in ISO 22000:2018 BRCGS issue 9 Clause 1.1.3 - Food Safety and Quality Objectives