What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bandages and protective coverings

Started by , Nov 03 2016 08:00 PM
2 Replies

Good afternoon all

Being new to sqf with a first time facility audit pending we have adopted the metal detectable bandages but it has raise the question "what about ace wrap, compression wrap or wrist splints?". I understand that they should be covered by smocks or production coats but is there a metal detectable standard for them as well? Or are these up to each facility to be deemed as "approved coverings"?

Anyone who may have a solution or might care to jump in on the discussion feel free

Thanks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Metal detector detectable stationary and bandages suppliers BRC 7.2.3 & 7.2.4 - Plasters/bandages Does anyone have recommended brands for metal detectable bandages/band-aids that have good adhesion? How do you handle bandages on employee faces? Metal detectable bandages. help me find one that works!
[Ad]

perhaps a risk analysis.... an ace bandage with a metal butterfly clip is one thing...a wrist splint is another

the metal butterfly would have to be calibrated against your metal detector....is its a metal your detector isn't meant to find, it would go right through anyhow

probably a separate company issued sleeve for the bandage/splint with the employee being soley responsible for the integrity of the support would be a better option?

We don't allow anything like this in the plant, unless it can be totally covered by a glove, especially if it's on the hand.  Metal detectability is one thing, but unless the covering is used soley inside the facility, there is too much chance of cross contamination.  

As for band aids, we have metal detectable, blue band aids.  If someone has a bandaid from home, they must change it when they arrive at work.

Similar Discussion Topics
Metal detector detectable stationary and bandages suppliers BRC 7.2.3 & 7.2.4 - Plasters/bandages Does anyone have recommended brands for metal detectable bandages/band-aids that have good adhesion? How do you handle bandages on employee faces? Metal detectable bandages. help me find one that works!