What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal Detection Validation and Pizza Base Blowing

Started by , Nov 10 2016 06:14 PM
1 Reply

Hi Everyone

I have recently joined my current job, they have metal detection in the meet plant but there are no previous records of validation of the test piece sizes that they are using. Would anyone know how to get around this?

Secondly in our Sauce plant they have been having issues with Pizza Base blowing (swelling up) the micro results show that its Lactobacillus, all investigations done show that the plant pipes are clean, cannot identify any dead ends for microfilm, raw material test come out as clean, packaging material (plastic bottles) used tests come out as clean and only recently the pH has been drifting. Has anyone come across such a problem?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Refilwe

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces
[Ad]

Hi Everyone

I have recently joined my current job, they have metal detection in the meet plant but there are no previous records of validation of the test piece sizes that they are using. Would anyone know how to get around this?

Secondly in our Sauce plant they have been having issues with Pizza Base blowing (swelling up) the micro results show that its Lactobacillus, all investigations done show that the plant pipes are clean, cannot identify any dead ends for microfilm, raw material test come out as clean, packaging material (plastic bottles) used tests come out as clean and only recently the pH has been drifting. Has anyone come across such a problem?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Refilwe

Hi refile,

Just to be careful with terminologies, by "no previous records of validation of the test piece sizes" do you mean that no records exist of the metal detector's response to the test pieces ?

If so, is the meat process already approved under some particular FS Standard / Regulatory Control, eg USDA, FDA, BRC, SQF ?

I have zero knowledge of a Pizza Process so cannot say much about lactobacillus contamination. What level of counts are involved ? I assume not detectable in the pizza dough (= raw material) ? . Airborne ? Food contact surfaces ?

Similar Discussion Topics
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector?