What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Who is responsible for water consumption readings at a factory?

Started by , Nov 14 2016 11:54 PM
2 Replies

Can somebody help me clarify this who is responsible for manning the water bill and   consumption readings at a factory . Is this a QA functio or accounts function ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Allergen Specific factory wear Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer?
[Ad]

Hi,

i think production manager should assign particular personnel to do this job, then QA personnel conduct first the validation activity (in case not done properly) then Verification activities (ensure its done as per specification).

I would say whoever your company decides.  There is no risk to food safety or quality and there is nothing written in any standard on who should be responsible.  That being said I think production management is best placed to monitor consumption of all utilities; they should have KPI targets to minimize their use to save money and protect the environment.

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Allergen Specific factory wear Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Chef-style clothing or factory-style? BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule