What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is Plant Manager higher in position than QA Manager?

Started by , Nov 16 2016 08:19 AM
6 Replies

Hi there! I work in a food manufacturing company and I know JD's of plant manager vs QA manager. But just want to know which position is higher and has more responsibility? Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Pathogen Testing in a meat processing plant
[Ad]

Hi there! I work in a food manufacturing company and I know JD's of plant manager vs QA manager. But just want to know which position is higher and has more responsibility? Thanks!

The Organization Chart should reveal who reports to who. This is the hierarchical logic. The overt one anyway.

Usually the plant manager will trump the QA manager. Generally plant manager is ultimately responsible for all aspects of the facility. Alternatively, may be at a peer level with both parties answering to the CEO or the like

Of course it depends on whether you want fact or opinion!

That's the problem Charles. It's not that clear. I'm getting some opinions BrummyJim for it's our 1st time to have plant mgr. Well scampi i don't think its fair to just trump the QA mgr working for 25yrs in the company with a new comer of 6months only.  :silly:

Thanks for the opinion guys.

Hello All,

In our organization, our Head QA/QC is independent and is directly reporting to our mother company in the US. Only the CEO from the US can overturn her decision regarding releasing the product. Even our General Manager the highest position in our company can't reverse her decision when quality, safety and legality of the product is concerned.

Plant Manager and QC/QC Manager are laterally the same in our org chart. 

regards,

redfox

At our plant, QA reports to the Operations Manager and the rest of the upper management team (sales, division president, etc.).

Ours is a really small (<100 employees) facility, though, so the chain of command can sometimes get murky.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Pathogen Testing in a meat processing plant HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. New Quality and Food Safety Manager-SQF Practitioner Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? QA Playbook in case of Quality Manager Absence Can you refuse an audit if the Quality Manager is not on site?