What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Practice in Document Numbering

Started by , Nov 21 2016 05:00 AM
3 Replies

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for some help. Our company is aiming for the FSMS certification and one of the requirement is controlling of all documents. I am having a hard time in establishing the document number. 

Can you give an example on how and where to start best in document numbering.?

Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control Best Practice for Record Filing BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment
[Ad]

Hello Shehe,

Document numbering is all up to the site how the document is represented, how it can be identified and can be traced.

EX: QA-CCP-01-001

QA-Quality Assurance

CCP-Critical Control Points

01-Pasteurization Area

001-Revision #1

regards,

redfox

You can search also on FOOD SAFETY TOPICS Section under Documentation & Document Control. :2cool:  :thumbup:

I have a real easy numbering system

P001

P = Procedure

001= Just a summary

I also have

W = Workinstruction

P = Form

S = Signs

Do not think to much about it an chose something that is easy to remember. In the digital age every code will be find because it will be easy to find on the computer.

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control Best Practice for Record Filing BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents? Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? CIP Validation Document Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination