What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.4.2 Food Safety Fundamentals vs Pre-requisite program vs GMP

Started by , Dec 13 2016 06:22 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the difference between Food safety fundamentals (2.4.2.2) , Pre-requisite programs (2.4.2.3) and GMP.  :shutup:

If we cover all the items in Module 13 (we are a packaging supplier) would that be enough to satisfy 2.4.2?

Thanks!

Cris

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

2.4.2 is Food Safety Fundamentals.

Everything under 2.4.2 is part of food safety fundamentals:

2.4.2.1  Buildings, handling, storage, etc.

2.4.2.2  All the requirements in module 13 that are required for compliance - GMP, training, etc.

2.4.2.3  All your pre-requisite programs (PRP's).

2.4.2.4  Your verification of the PRP's - audits, etc.

Yes, covering everything in Module 13 should address 2.4.2.2.

1 Thank

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the difference between Food safety fundamentals (2.4.2.2) , Pre-requisite programs (2.4.2.3) and GMP.  :shutup:

If we cover all the items in Module 13 (we are a packaging supplier) would that be enough to satisfy 2.4.2?

Thanks!

Cris

Hi Chris,

Yr OP probably has a TYPO  as illustrated in the preceding Post. Consequently yr actual question is rather unclear.

If line 3, as stated, is the actual question, then the answer is (obviously) NO. But If 2.4.2  should be 2.4.2.2 then previous post answers last query

As a non-user of SQF I also found the SQF text confusing regarding the clauses 2.4.2.2 and 2.4.2.3.

I suggest you refer to the SQF 7.2 Guidance which helps. Seems that the referenced GMP items in clause xx2.2 and the PRP items referenced in clause xx2.3 are the same thing !!

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces