What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do sanitation chemicals need to be Kosher?

Started by , Dec 16 2016 01:49 PM
3 Replies

Hi

Does anyone know for sure if sanitation chemicals need to be kosher? I know there are certified kosher chemicals on the market, but I am curious if this is for marketing purposes or if it is an actual requirement. We are looking into a new company and they assure me that their products are not derived from animals but I wonder if this is enough.

thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program
[Ad]

From my experience, kosher is like Halal......they will try and label it with a name to boost the price, but don't quote me

maybe this will help

http://www.koshercer...uk/whatdoe.html

Hi,

with kosher and halal you will come into discussion when you are using ethanol containing disinfectants,

Rgds

moskito

the  certificaton entails alcohol and animal by-product check but then the alcohol in sanitizer is inedible ( denatured) and willevaporate within minutes.

if i am not mistaken purell hand sanitizer is listed as approved foor Passover- which is the strictest  of all  kosher requirements

so scampi  is right in the assessment given

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program Cleaning Chemicals in a Food Contact Packaging Site How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program Approved chemicals for sanitations