What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for information on food defence for a packaging company?

Started by , Dec 29 2016 06:38 PM
8 Replies

hello everybody

does anyone have any source of information on food defence for a packaging company? how can we approach this issue?

a happy new year to all of you

Steve

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

hello everybody

does anyone have any source of information on food defence for a packaging company? how can we approach this issue?

a happy new year to all of you

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please inform if yr query relates to (a) any particular Food Standard and (b) what kind of packaging involved, eg direct food contact ?

dear Charles

thank you for our reply

i am interested in direct food contact materials. Are there any developed questionnaires? in this case we do not have the standard possible contaminants.  

is there any litterature on the subject?

thanks in advance

Hi Steve,

Packaging / defense not really my areas of expertise  but IIRC, there are some threads on this combination with respect to BRC / SQF / USFDA-USDA.

Hopefully may get some responses from Packaging People soon, but maybe after the New Year Revels. :smile:

Happy New Year !

1 Thank

Hi Stellosa, 

I would suggest that you download the Food Defense Plan Builder from the FDA website. It is a free software and does a wonderful job. We are in the rigid food packaging industry (injection moulding and printing) Our auditors were fully satisfied with the FDA plan.

Here is the link: 

http://www.fda.gov/F...s/ucm349888.htm

Regards,

Tamale

1 Thank

Hello Steliosa,

The above mentioned is an excellent tool. AIB offers an online course for Food Defense. I much prefer class room settings but this will do in a pinch.

Best of luck!,

Big Wally

1 Thank

Food Defense is changing; before May 2016 I use to apply Food Defense Plan Builder (FDPB) and CARVER + Shock in order to implement a Food Defense Plan; I saw the FDPB as a basic guideline (like pre-requisites for HACCP) and CARVER for the focused  risk assessment. Now I changed the CARVER by PAS-96 and (¨HACCP¨ guideline) with some modifications based on FDA (accionable process steps detection).

Best regards

Food Defense is changing; before May 2016 I use to apply Food Defense Plan Builder (FDPB) and CARVER + Shock in order to implement a Food Defense Plan; I saw the FDPB as a basic guideline (like pre-requisites for HACCP) and CARVER for the focused  risk assessment. Now I changed the CARVER by PAS-96 and (¨HACCP¨ guideline) with some modifications based on FDA (accionable process steps detection).

Best regards

Hi esauce,

Thks for the input.

TBH, i suspect PAS96 is getting a bit antique these days, i think it was one of the pioneers.

Hi; I miss your replay. Yes ended, the main difference is the approach; the risk assessment MUST be modified in order to fulfill the new FDA´s guidelines; you must change the issues to been considered; nevertheless the procedure is the same; for instance, the ¨inside attacker¨.

PAS96 - 2014 likes the HACCP shows the same structure for the risk assessment. Hopes helps. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?