What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HM Customs Duty Stamp Labels

Started by , Mar 02 2006 12:05 PM
7 Replies
Are there any members out there with info on requirements for printers of the new Duty Stamp labels?. I'm particularly interested in any security issues with stocks, control of process waste and control of overruns.

Cheers

Dunaskin
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Help with incorrect labels Outer Case Labels - Australia Form of ingredient to include on labels Allergen precautionary or warning labels Outer Case Labels- USA
[Ad]
Sorry can't help Dunaskin - what are they?

Simon

Sorry can't help Dunaskin - what are they?

Simon

Simon

It is the new scheme for duty stamping of retail containers (bottles) of spirits and wines that are intended for consumption in the UK. The stamp is being incorporated into existing label designs and there is also a 'freestanding stamp' which can be applied to a bottle if the existing label cannot accomodate it. Comes into force on 1st April 2006 and all bottles must be 'stamped' by 1st Jan 2007.

All the current advice etc is geared to the producers, warehousers, importers etc. but scant advice for printers regarding security and controlling printed stamps.

It is the new scheme for duty stamping of retail containers (bottles) of spirits and wines that are intended for consumption in the UK. The stamp is being incorporated into existing label designs and there is also a 'freestanding stamp' which can be applied to a bottle if the existing label cannot accomodate it. Comes into force on 1st April 2006 and all bottles must be 'stamped' by 1st Jan 2007. All the current advice etc is geared to the producers, warehousers, importers etc. but scant advice for printers regarding security and controlling printed stamps.

Sounds like a real pain in the butt. Are there any standards or guidance documents for the scheme? If it's Customs and Excise I would contact them direct.

Simon

Are there any standards or guidance documents for the scheme?

Customs and Excise link for strip stamps
Steve (Gaskit) sent me the document below. You may have already seen it Ian, but it might be a reference.

UKDutyStampsScheme.pdf   536.49KB   38 downloads

Steve the problem with uploading files is sorted now.

Regards,
Simon

Steve (Gaskit) sent me the document below. You may have already seen it Ian, but it might be a reference.

UKDutyStampsScheme.pdf   536.49KB   38 downloads

Steve the problem with uploading files is sorted now.

Regards,
Simon

Simon

We already have the HM Customs documents but they are geared towards the users of the stamps, albeit they do detail the design and printing requirements. As I said in the initial post there is no guidance for label printers on security aspects of printed stamps on our premises or the control of printed waste. Seems like the usual half-cocked, not-fully-thought-through scheme.

We already have the HM Customs documents but they are geared towards the users of the stamps, albeit they do detail the design and printing requirements. As I said in the initial post there is no guidance for label printers on security aspects of printed stamps on our premises or the control of printed waste. Seems like the usual half-cocked, not-fully-thought-through scheme.

No probs mate. I suppose if there is no guidance or rquirements specified then whatever reasonable steps you take would be due diligence. Do you print retailer branded packaging? If so how do you handle the waste? I think in the BRC/IOP retailer branded waste has to be compacted, destroyed, rendered unusable / unreadable or something - I'm being lazy I should really get the standard out.

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Help with incorrect labels Outer Case Labels - Australia Form of ingredient to include on labels Allergen precautionary or warning labels Outer Case Labels- USA Labeling software for checking and verifying labels When a company changes name how quickly do we need to change labels? Weight declaration on food labels Is a signature stamp acceptable for use in the food safety plan? FDA Dietary Supplement Warning Labels