What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Detection of hair inside empty or filled bottles of mayo?

Started by , Jan 12 2017 11:57 AM
7 Replies

Dear All,

Mayo Manufacturing company always getting complaints that closed cap mayo contains hair, is there any solution for detection of hair inside empty or filled bottles? ,

I know that preventive measure " Personal hygiene " should be in place, any other solutions,

Thanks,

Omar

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology
[Ad]

Hi Omar,

The typical procedure for testing for hairs in food involves a "Filth Test " lab. procedure, eg

https://www2.neotron...lth_test/?l=ENG

Operationally, i suggest an audit. Seeing is believing.

1 Thank

Thanks, Charles,

Do you know anything about antistatic hair removal in the food industry? 

Thanks, Charles,

Do you know anything about antistatic hair removal in the food industry? 

Hi Omar,

My knowledge is limited to this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...air-complaints/

Do you have preventative measures in place?  Your wording in your first post reads as if you don't.....it is much easier and more cost efficient to remove the hazard than try to remove the foreign body after the fact, and that you said you ALWAYS get complaints about this means you have a GMP issue

Do you have preventative measures in place?  Your wording in your first post reads as if you don't.....it is much easier and more cost efficient to remove the hazard than try to remove the foreign body after the fact, and that you said you ALWAYS get complaints about this means you have a GMP issue

Totally agree. IMEX the causes have ranged from deficiencies due raw materials, pests, brooms, personal hygiene.

Thanks all , yes i have preventive measure , but this issue always happen,
If any one knows about supplier of antistatic hair removal as a control , appreciate to recommend.

I have never come across any anti-static hair removal devices and I would not be confident of their efficacy anyway.

A couple of thoughts.

First, are you sure it is hair. With jar closure manufacture it is possible to get something called 'angel hair' which are fine threads of the sealing compound. Rare, but can happen.

The second relates to your preventative measures. More than the hair covering aspect, do you have any jar rinsers or blowers over the closure feed? 

Similar Discussion Topics
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Example of a Risk Assessment on metal detection versus x-ray BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment Can an undetected test piece be considered a physical hazard in a metal detection process?