What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labeling of Tree Nuts

Started by , Jan 19 2017 01:23 PM
3 Replies

I understand that it is necessary to declare the type of tree nut in the ingredients breakdown, but in the following "Contains" statement is it also necessary to list the specific type of tree nut instead of Contains: tree nuts? I.e. Contains coconut. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation
[Ad]

if you decide to use a contains then i suggest you be specific to the tree nut  name

In US you have two options to identify your allergens.

1.  In the ingredient declaration in parenthesis immediately after the allergen containing ingredient.  For example, "Water, Casein (Milk), Natural Flavor."

2.  Underneath your ingredient declaration with a "contains" statement.  For example, Contains: Milk

Some companies do both and depending on your label I would recommend both if you can fit both on there.

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation Allergen Labeling Seafood Unrefined oil allergen labeling Retail Labeling Labeling Ready Meals as Bake SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling