What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Policy on using food grade lubricants

Started by , Jan 23 2017 05:34 AM
4 Replies

HI, can any one help me regarding sample procedure in using food grade lubricants on machines during preventive maintenance.

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy
[Ad]

Hello buknoy,

There is no difference in procedure in applying food grade and non-food grade grease or oil. Just see to it you use grease gun for food grade grease only and labeled to avoid mix up. Need a CoA and COC of the product from manufacturer.  Some standard need certification that the grease is processed/produced in allergen-free environment.

regards,

redfox

2 Thanks

Hi, buknoy1408;

In addition to what redfox has posted you should keep the lubricant current SDS on file in appropriate locations, have it on a register for approved use, and have some written oversight procedure as to the prevention of excessive lubrication (i.e. daily check for 'loose' or 'dripping' lubricant over or on processing lines):  'Food grade' can still mean foreign body contamination/adulterated food.

Of course local regulations and 3rd party standards apply.

2 Thanks

Hello buknoy,

There is no difference in procedure in applying food grade and non-food grade grease or oil. Just see to it you use grease gun for food grade grease only and labeled to avoid mix up. Need a CoA and COC of the product from manufacturer.  Some standard need certification that the grease is processed/produced in allergen-free environment.

regards,

redfox

Hi Redfox,

Thanks for the reply, I will just include the use of food grade lubricants on our PM Procedure.

Hi, buknoy1408;

In addition to what redfox has posted you should keep the lubricant current SDS on file in appropriate locations, have it on a register for approved use, and have some written oversight procedure as to the prevention of excessive lubrication (i.e. daily check for 'loose' or 'dripping' lubricant over or on processing lines):  'Food grade' can still mean foreign body contamination/adulterated food.

Of course local regulations and 3rd party standards apply.

HI Slab,

Thanks for your info

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy Meat Processing Garment Policy First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Knife Control Policy