What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Clause 1.1.6 - System for scientific and technical information updates

Started by , Jan 23 2017 10:20 AM
7 Replies

Hi,

Last week I had BRC 7 audit. I got a minor that the system and the responsibility of keeping updated with the current legislation was not defined in written form (BRC 1.1.6.).

Where do you write such information? As a procedure or in job instruction or somewhere else?

Regards,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials
[Ad]

Hello,

It's a form of procedure. Your evidence could be the subscription of a food safety magazine, websites, gov't agencies and others.

regards,

redfox

For SQF, I added a statement in our Food Safety Manual regarding staying up to date.  Then as evidence showed emails as industry updates.  I am sure this would work for the BRC standard as well.

Joe

I’ve added it as a policy into the FSQMS | Food Safety and Quality Manangemtn System. 

Heading: Food Regulation & Resources.  Example and subheadings below. 

The business abides by the rules and legislations of New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria of Australia, which is the country of origin and final destination of finished product. 

Food regulation is reviewed annually with the Labelling procedures.  Membership and / or subscription to the majority of the below organisations keeps the business informed of changes to relevant legislation, scientific, and technical developments. 

Regulation Compliance

Food Victoria Food Act 1984       FSANZ | Food Standards Australia New Zealand

Research & Development

AIFSTI              Australian Institute of Food Science & Technology Incorporated

CSIRO               Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation

FSA                   Food Science Australia

NHMRC             National Health & Medical Research Council

TM                    Trade Measurement

Private Organisations for Consultancy & Laboratory

Advancing Food Safety                          - Food Safety Training

DTS Food Laboratories                           - Laboratory & Regulation Consultancy

EML Consulting Services                        - Laboratory

Food Laboratories (Aust) Pty Ltd            - Laboratory

SGS                                                      - External Auditing

Hi,

We've got general procedure with profile and structure of our company and with all legislation aspects, including websites.

Regards

For us it's a part of the general policy statements and lists the trade and industry bodies we subscribe to.

You could also put it in your HACCP and TACCP / vulnerability plans?

Hi

I work in fresh produce - we subscribe to numerous magazines/websites e.g. 'The Grocer', 'Fresh Produce Journal'. We're also members of Campden BRI and get are subscribe to food safety alerts.

These also make up part of our TACCP/VACCP plan.

John

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 BRCGS Clause 3.7.5 - Supply Chain Traceability FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.7 - Environmental Monitoring Programme Addressing clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in ISO 22000:2018