What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Auditor Advice

Started by , Jan 24 2017 12:26 AM
2 Replies

Hello All,

I am a new member to this forum and am looking for some advice. I am currently employed but looking for work and would love to get into auditing conducting 3rd party audits and work as a food safety auditor.

I have over 15 years in food grade manufacturing operations with 9 years managing quality assurance programs at packaging firms that supply some of the world’s largest beer and carbonated soft drink companies. I have extensive experience conducting GMP audits and currently serve as the SQF Practitioner and perform all plant internal auditing documentation for compliance to the ISO 9001:2008 standard. Currently HACCP certified (international HACCP Alliance) and SQF certified (Implementing SQF Systems). Also a B.A. in Business but would like to further improve my credentials. I feel I have a lot of industry experience which is important to becoming an auditor but what additional certifications should I pursue to enhance my credentials. Most bang for the buck.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product
[Ad]

To get a direction on requirements to be a food safety auditor you can check our Exemplar Global. They certify food safety auditor around the world.

http://exemplargloba...safety-auditor/

You can also check the requirements to be SQF, FSSC 22000, BRC auditor from each of their respective websites.

Another area to try is certification bodies in your country of manufacture as they may have jobs going or can advise what credentials they would like you to have.

I hope this gives you a start.

Thanks for the feedback.

I will look these websites and certification bodies.

Similar Discussion Topics
Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6