What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Audit, looking for example of validation activities

Started by , Jan 30 2017 09:51 PM
3 Replies

Hello Everyone,

Well we just finish with our SQF unannounced audit  and I got a 97%, the 3 minor I got were (1) 2.1.4.1 ( Management Review) I didn't not document Policy Manual, Internal & External audit & finding, Corrective Action/Customer Complaints & their Investigation & Resolutions and who took part in MRP process on my SQF Management Review form. (2) 2.5.2.2 (Validation and Effectiveness) Records of all validation activities were not being maintained. Every one of your verification / validation methods & schedule must have a validation. (3) 2.5.4.1 ( Verification of Monitoring Activities you must documentation all verification activity. I need some example of validation activities if possible. Thank  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification
[Ad]

Hi scottj,

Verification/Validation is an SQF "speciality". Their intended interpretation has generated volumes of discussion here.

It might be useful to mention yr product/process, eg fish,meat,vegetables,RTE

Although, strictly, maybe superfluous, many SQF  “validation” activities seem related to Prerequisites.

Several PRP-related examples can be found in posts in this (current) thread and in the 3rd  sub-link (“July 2015”) of Post 16.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ng-methods-etc/

This post by Marshall (mgourley) looks to be another useful source –

http://www.ifsqn.com...ams/#entry56545

And surely many other posts here from generous SQF users.

1 Thank

The spreadsheet that is in the Marshall reply (see link above) is a good example.

It lists the program components (cleaning, etc.) and their verification and validation activities.

Verification = are we doing what we said we would do?  Inspections and Audits

Validation = is we really getting the results we want?  Inspects, Audits and Management Review.

If you are missing documents of Management Review, then your auditor can't tell if you are validating some parts of your program.  Trend Analysis

This is incredibly helpful!  Thanks.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist