What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do logs need to be controlled documents?

Started by , Feb 01 2017 01:24 PM
4 Replies

Hello all!

Quick topic...do electronic logs (i.e. Hold Logs, Inspection Logs) need to be a controlled document?

My understanding as that if they do not have a direct impact on food safety and since they are just reference aid that they don't need to be controlled.

Any and all comments are welcome!

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Effective Documents
[Ad]

It would seem to me that hold logs and inspection logs (depending on what is being inspected) might have a direct impact on food safety.

Something was put on hold, perhaps for a food safety issue. The log is going to reflect the disposition of the held product, so you would certainly want to know where that held product went.

Marshall

1 Thank
In the U.K. logs used as part of your QMS (i.e hold log, calibration log, knife control log, etc.) should have some form of document control. Note that the document control is only for the log template and does not need to be updated every time the log is amended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 Thanks

Yes.

Two levels of control:

1.  The record/log form control (controlling the revision that is most current and in use).

2.  Control of the records after they are completed.  Where are they stored?  What condition?  How long?  By whom?  Also, be sure to outline who reviews/verifies the log information.

1 Thank

It is good practice to document control all your documents. 

It is an art.  Once you get the hang of it, you will learn to love it and not be able to live without it. 

• Have a document control policy/procedure
  • Have a document control register
  • Have all your documents controlled. 

Example attached.

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Effective Documents Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List What documents are required for audit when Sourcing ingredients from wholesaler? What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents? What is the FDA requirements on holding documents on line?