What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

IFS Food and by-products industry

Started by , Feb 01 2017 05:28 PM

Hi tata09,

:welcome: 

You are correct in that BRC has some requirements for by-products but they relate to waste control:

4.13 MANAGEMENT OF SURPLUS FOOD AND PRODUCTS FOR ANIMAL FEED
Effective processes shall be in place to ensure the safety and legality of by-products of the primary processing activity of the site.
4.13.3 By-products and downgraded/surplus products intended for animal feed shall be segregated from waste and protected from contamination during storage. Products for animal feed shall be managed in accordance with relevant legislative requirements.

IFS Food does not mention animal feed in its requirements:

4.11 Waste disposal
4.11.2 All current legal requirements for waste disposal shall be met.
4.11.6 Waste shall be collected in separate containers in accordance with the intended means of disposal. Such waste shall be disposed by authorised third parties only. Records of waste disposal shall be kept by the company.

​I would suggest that you contact IFS or your Certification Body to discuss your products/process if you are seeking certification.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Reply
Hello everyone!
First of all, congratulations.

I am a follower of years of these forums, which I consider very useful!

I have a question that I need to share with you about the IFS FOOD certification of a by-product industry.
Does anyone know if it is possible, there is some guide on food materials for animal feed, as there is in BRC Food

Thank you for your help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi tata09,

:welcome: 

You are correct in that BRC has some requirements for by-products but they relate to waste control:

4.13 MANAGEMENT OF SURPLUS FOOD AND PRODUCTS FOR ANIMAL FEED
Effective processes shall be in place to ensure the safety and legality of by-products of the primary processing activity of the site.
4.13.3 By-products and downgraded/surplus products intended for animal feed shall be segregated from waste and protected from contamination during storage. Products for animal feed shall be managed in accordance with relevant legislative requirements.

IFS Food does not mention animal feed in its requirements:

4.11 Waste disposal
4.11.2 All current legal requirements for waste disposal shall be met.
4.11.6 Waste shall be collected in separate containers in accordance with the intended means of disposal. Such waste shall be disposed by authorised third parties only. Records of waste disposal shall be kept by the company.

​I would suggest that you contact IFS or your Certification Body to discuss your products/process if you are seeking certification.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan