What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Release and Rework Procedure

Started by , Feb 01 2017 09:13 PM
1 Reply

HI All,

I need help in developing a Rework Policy and Procedure.  I also need help to develop a Release Policy and Procedure.

Our plant processes raw frozen fish fillets, we operate as a co packer, however we offer Salmon burgers, Mahi burgers, Halibut burger and Crab Cakes.

Help !!

Thank You !!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.7 Product Release X-ray reject investigation and product release Procedure to release re-processed materials after failing it's CCP Can I release material that has exceeded a CCP limit (8.9.4.2 and 8.9.4.3)? Product Release Policy
[Ad]

Hello Elle,

Is this for a specific auditing scheme or standard?  If so, I would suggest you review the requirements for rework control and product release and write up your SOP's for both that meet the requirements and your process.  Suggestion...try to keep it as simple as possible.  The more complicated it gets, the harder it will be to follow and less likely it will be followed no matter how much training you conduct.

Things to watch out for with rework...allergen cross contact, material is safe and suitable for rework (has been through a QA check of some kind and this is documented), lot traceability of the rework, a product break with rework (not continually reworking material into the same product over and over).

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.7 Product Release X-ray reject investigation and product release Procedure to release re-processed materials after failing it's CCP Can I release material that has exceeded a CCP limit (8.9.4.2 and 8.9.4.3)? Product Release Policy Given NC in audit for not having product release procedure Hold and release procedures for product testing Product Release Procedure or Checklist Template SQF Product Release for Winery GFSI requirements for Positive Release and Environmental Monitoring