What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to select detergents for dish washing in the food industry?

Started by , Feb 07 2017 09:59 AM
5 Replies

How to select the detergents or dish washing chemicals in a food industry?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture
[Ad]

How to select the detergents or dish washing chemicals in a food industry?

Hi dt,

It's a book size question.

Can you be more specific as to  the type of industry ?

Hi dasstwinkle,

:welcome: 

First of all I would select a reputable food industry chemical supplier. I would then seek their guidance on appropriate chemicals to use in each application. They should be able to provide support including instructions for use and testing procedures/test kits.

Reputable suppliers that spring to mind are Diversey and Ecolab but I'm sure there are many others.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank

addendum

This (Canadian) link offers a semi-generic introduction. It also emphasizes the supplier aspect of previous post (see 18).

http://www.omafra.go...ecting_supplier

Hi dasstwinkle,

:welcome:

First of all I would select a reputable food industry chemical supplier. I would then seek their guidance on appropriate chemicals to use in each application. They should be able to provide support including instructions for use and testing procedures/test kits.

Reputable suppliers that spring to mind are Diversey and Ecolab but I'm sure there are many others.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

In South Africa we have to procure cleaning chemicals that have been certified 1853/1828  for use in a food manufacturing environment.

Hi Tony

In South Africa we have to procure cleaning chemicals that have been certified 1853/1828  for use in a food manufacturing environment.

Hi Rita,

I'm sure that if you can find a reputable supplier that will supply in South Africa then they will comply with your legislation requirements.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?