What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Practice Cleaning and Sanitizing - USA Converting Equipment

Started by , Feb 08 2017 12:24 AM
2 Replies

Reviewing possible chemistries that have been recommended on several sites BRC Pack 5.   Can anyone communicate current chemicals they are using on sheeters, rewinders and slitters?   Seeing QUAT and Bleach as top leaders.  Concerned about metal wear and belts.

Appreciate your support.

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

If you use solvent ink the clear 80/20 solvent work very well. The Alcohol kills the bugs and Acetate cleans with no residue.

You have to be careful with Quat, it will destroy your equipment if not properly mixed. 

I use bleach at 1 to 4 ratio but my requirements are to ensure that the equipment is properly dried after applied.  As soon as I can, i'm going to a pre-mix station and using a quat based sanitizer. 

Additionally, I start with a heavy degreaser (simple green crystal) with no odor and colorless. Then I finish with my sanitizer.

I've have not had any positive listeria test or any issues with mold, yeast or apc.

FYI, I'm a blown film manufacturer with winders, bag machines, extruders. 

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs