What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Food Safety (S&D) Internal Audit Check List

Started by , Feb 10 2017 11:48 PM
2 Replies

My company recently were audited against BRC storage and distribution we received a minor non conformance because none of the team had been trained in internal auditing. I am due to do BRC internal auditing training in the next few months 2 day course, I would much appreciate if I could get some information on audit checklist or any information regarding what I should know before the course.
Regards Kevin

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

My company recently were audited against BRC storage and distribution we received a minor non conformance because none of the team had been trained in internal auditing. I am due to do BRC internal auditing training in the next few months 2 day course, I would much appreciate if I could get some information on audit checklist or any information regarding what I should know before the course.
Regards Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I'm surprised you didn't need to generate an IA checklist for yr first audit.?

I was unable to locate a checklist for version 3. (The BRC website seems to have now been "updated" into a rather non-friendly site as far as downloadable material is concerned.  Strange.)

Here is a self-assessment checklist for version 2 (2010) -

BRC storage and distribution,issue 2,self-assessment tool.doc   768.5KB   197 downloads

(basically a "reverse-engineering" of the Standard - a minimal approach for implementing an IA)

A gaplist to illustrate the additional requirements for version3 is available here .

PS - you may find this older BRC document interesting -

BRC6 - Introduction to Internal Audits.pdf   4.13MB   218 downloads

2 Thanks

Hi Kevin,

:welcome: 

Please find the BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution Issue 3 Self Assessment Tool attached below:

sd302-self-assessment-tool.docx   88.32KB   171 downloads

Also please note that the IFSQN offer an Internal Auditor training course for only $97USD including course material, a 4 hour webinar recording and an online exam with an IFSQN Academy certificate on successful completion.

Kind regards,

Tony

4 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Shadow Witness Audit Request Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?