What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

A proper FIFO and traceability system

Started by , Feb 13 2017 12:20 PM
3 Replies

Hi

I am working in a liquor industry. With so much of production and dispatch volume, I am unable to properly maintain traceability of Packaging materials as well as finished products and its FIFO system. I shall really thankful if anyone has a perfect solution for this problem and what type of formats maintaining to tackle this issue. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 BRC 1.1.6 Confidential reporting system New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

Hello Singh,

Make it simple. Put label on every bale or pallet the receiving date of that certain packaging materials. Train the warehouse personnel about FIFO system. Most of the time, warehousemen get the nearest and easiest to withdraw packaging.

regards,

redfox

What type of system do you have in place now?  The best way is to have production and warehouse utilize bar codes for tracking.  All products that come out of production has a bar code and a Q.A. verification step so lot numbers, amounts, and types of products are accurate.  The same process for shipping as well.

Sounds like a big project!!!

Thanks

Dr. Dan

What type of system do you have in place now?  The best way is to have production and warehouse utilize bar codes for tracking.  All products that come out of production has a bar code and a Q.A. verification step so lot numbers, amounts, and types of products are accurate.  The same process for shipping as well.

Sounds like a big project!!!

Thanks

Dr. Dan

With respect to bar coding, what software do you use? Currently we do all tracking by hand and enter information into Excel. I would love to know what systems are common and easy to use in the food industry.

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 BRC 1.1.6 Confidential reporting system New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? PIF V6 - What system is best to use FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance