What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are you required to take the SQF courses before taking the exam?

Started by , Feb 14 2017 10:19 AM
7 Replies

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF
[Ad]

Exam for what ?

Implementing SQF and Advanced sqf

To be a Practitioner you need to have taken the course. There is not necessarily an exam. 

Hello Guys,

I wanted to take implementing SQF and advanced Sqf practitioner Exams. The training fees are very expensive and I was thinking if its possible to take the exams only using the sqf institute website. It let me register for the tests and I wanted to make sure before I start the exam.

Thanks,

Can also see this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ctitioner-test/

Implementing SQF - don't need the courses but they are helpful.

Advance SQF - courses would probably help unless you're already quite knowledgable about SQF.

To be a Practitioner you need to have taken the course. There is not necessarily an exam. 

You have it backwards...course is not required, passing the exam is required to be an "SQF Practitioner".

I'm reading the SQF site now and it seems either is an option.  If you take the course you don't need the exam, but if you don't take the course you have to pass the exam.  The exam is a cheaper option....

Of course, with both options you have to be able to show you have HACCP training as a base requirement.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? SQF-2.4.8 - Is an Environmental Program Required?