What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food grade calcium carbonate

Started by , Feb 28 2017 12:32 PM
2 Replies

I have high quality calcium carbonate with over 99% of pure calcium carbonate and the PPM report is approved for all the other chemicals . and its GCC so i want to ask what is the required process to be accepted as food grade .

i know that i must have GMP , but the product from  the GCC is accepted ,so what anther process is needed ( heat , sieving,....) .

Thank you 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi,

for the EU "food grade" requirements of a certain additives is given in regulation 1333/2008 and 1129/2011 together with the changing regulations followed over time.

Pls have a look on http://ec.europa.eu/...ement_agents_en. EU is providing a database for additives, requirements and restricted applications.

Rgds

moskito

I presume PPM - the ppm level of contamination by  (???) heavy metals

But GCC no idea ? (I presume G = Greece or perhaps General, eg General Chemical Composition)

The typical answer is that assuming the item is a food ingredient (???) it will depend on the relevant local  (ie where to be consumed) Regulatory requirement for "food grade" ingredients/additives/etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces