What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Testing sweetness of non nutritive sweeteners

Started by , Mar 02 2017 06:39 AM
1 Reply

Good morning everyone,

Please could you help with a dilemma?  My original supplier of Sucralose could not supply me so I used my alternative supplier who supplied me with a different brand of Sucralose.  After taste testing the two I realised that the second batch was substantially less sweet.  I contacted my supplier but he asked for proof thereof.  Does anyone know if a brix test would work on Sucralose or if there is another test that needs to be conducted?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method
[Ad]

To the best of my knowledge a brix test would not work. Did you compare the COA for the sample received vs what you normally get? Maybe a difference in a parameter like Assay may be able to justify the diff in taste?

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Compressed air testing needed? Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Salmonella testing