What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it obligated to use a 3rd party for machine validation?

Started by , Mar 07 2017 08:01 AM
4 Replies

Dear everybody,

Some customer require us to have SGS or Beareu Veritas to validate the Control point of the our machine.

i am wondering is it obligated in any standard?

we can validate the control point ourself.

Sincerely yours

I wish you have a nice day

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Third party audit certificate redacted Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Scale Labeling Machine
[Ad]

wwe are also in the process of iso 22000:2005 certification and i am also having a challenge on that clause 8.2

Dear everybody,

Some customer require us to have SGS or Beareu Veritas to validate the Control point of the our machine.

i am wondering is it obligated in any standard?

we can validate the control point ourself.

Sincerely yours

I wish you have a nice day

Hi akool,

It may relate to things like the process, the machine, what you are trying to validate and the relevant Standard (if any).

For example "validating" a metal detector might require "maintenance" from the supplier and "machine sensitivity" from the user. It depends.

1 Thank

Who is the customer?  Ultimately customers can ask for what they want but I would make sure you always work with your commercial team on this as one way to challenge it is to say "yes you can have it but this is the increased cost."  Sometimes the customer accepts an alternative as a result.

1 Thank

Who is the customer?  Ultimately customers can ask for what they want but I would make sure you always work with your commercial team on this as one way to challenge it is to say "yes you can have it but this is the increased cost."  Sometimes the customer accepts an alternative as a result.

Hi akool,

It may relate to things like the process, the machine, what you are trying to validate and the relevant Standard (if any).

For example "validating" a metal detector might require "maintenance" from the supplier and "machine sensitivity" from the user. It depends.

Dear Charles C and GMO,

Thank you so much indeed

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Third party audit certificate redacted Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Scale Labeling Machine Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation What should be included in a cook validation? What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Validation of prerequisites such as pest control