What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Country of Origin on pack

Started by , Mar 08 2017 09:28 AM
2 Replies

Hi all,

I've been searching for this information but couldn't find an answer.. I hope someone will be able to help me out.

We're developing new product that will be exported to the USA. We will be sourcing ingredients (mainly from UK) & send them to manufacturing site in the USA. They will blend our ingredients with theirs (from the USA) and distribute to our buyers in the USA. This whole process and finished product will be under our brand, thus I need to make sure that the label is compliant. 

1. Is it right to say that country of origin is: USA and UK? We would like to have UK on the label to highlight the provenance of the main ingredient. But there are also some other ingredients in the finished product that doesn't come from either country. They are in small quantities, so do I still need to mention their provenance on the pack?

2. Can I say that product is manufactured in the USA and don't mention UK or other countries at all?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin when two different countries Country of Origin on Packaging Country of Origin Change - Grace period?
[Ad]

Perhaps this will help if you have not seen it yet

https://www.fda.gov/...l/ucm074567.htm

1 Thank

If you are subject to the Country of Origin Labeling act, then you will likely need to state that it is product of the UK and the US.  As Redfox noted, this will also depend upon what substantial transformation occurs, if any.

https://www.ams.usda...egulations/cool

Similar Discussion Topics
Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin when two different countries Country of Origin on Packaging Country of Origin Change - Grace period? Moving to a different country in a food safety role Using COUNTRY in the product name on label Country of Origin on Fish with Substantial Transformation Lot Specific Country of Origin Which GFSI FSMS Standard is leading the pack in your country?