What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU Food Safe approval

Started by , Mar 08 2017 11:32 AM
2 Replies

Does anyone know of a list of materials which have already been approved by the EU as food safe?  We have a new material we are looking to use on our site which isn't yet approved as it is but I suspect it's made from a plastic which has already been approved for use in contact with food.  Once I find out the material, do I have to go through the rigmarole of getting it fully approved (can take a year).  Surely there must be "already approved" materials lists somewhere? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hmm...I'm only familiar with the EU numbers for ingredients.

https://www.food.gov...ves/enumberlist

Then again I'm in the US and not in UK or Europe.

Hi,

the supplier of the product made of  "plastic material" and which is sold as food contact material has to provide a declaration of conformity acc to regulation 1935/2004 and PIM (palstic implementation measure = regulation 10/2011. There is no general "food safe" approval in general for a plastic material.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan