What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Complaints (CPMU) - Industry Standard

Started by , Mar 27 2017 09:53 AM
1 Reply

Hi All, 

Looking for general thoughts on targets for CPMU (Complaints Per Million Units and it is the number of complaints received in a month divided by total sales for the month times one million).

Industry = health nutritional, supplements

Do you know of a food manufacturing best target for this type of ind

ustry? Looking at previous threads, I found targets for dairy, ready meals, bakery, sandwiches, but nothing for our type of industry. Our products are quite expensive, and I imagine if someone buys a 5kg pouch of a ‘banana flavour’ whey protein for example and they don’t like the flavour, they will complain.

All thoughts, suggestions etc will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Customer complaints for excess water in onions Insect complaints RTE Salads, Fresh Produce Recurring complaints for mouldy, discoloration packs in pepperoni packed in modified atmosphere How to respond to quality complaints relating to cooked products supplied raw? How to Analyze and Handle Customer Complaints
[Ad]

Hi,

CPMU is one we use. We base the target on previous performance (with a 10% reduction). Or just bench marking on your own previous performance.

We now also use DCPMU (defective components ) This then eliminated the ones which are about preference /flavour etc. BUT 1 complaint for a pack of 6 crushed items (for example) now becomes 6 defective units. The number will be bigger.

I think the target all depends on your industry, your process, actual capabilities, the value of the product .

Sharon

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Customer complaints for excess water in onions Insect complaints RTE Salads, Fresh Produce Recurring complaints for mouldy, discoloration packs in pepperoni packed in modified atmosphere How to respond to quality complaints relating to cooked products supplied raw? How to Analyze and Handle Customer Complaints Customer Complaints Vs Non Conformances SQF Ed 9 - 2.1.3 - Customer Complaints Review Regulations on handling adverse events and complaints in the food industry How does your company deal with subjective customer complaints? What is your organizations system for the classification of customer complaints?