What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Non-Conforming Product/Equipment SQF 2 Documentation

Started by , Mar 27 2017 12:22 PM
7 Replies

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me out. How detailed does the documentation for non-conforming product and equipment need to be and how often should this be done? AIB required monthly but SQF is more complicated. This is element 2.4.6 in the code.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me out. How detailed does the documentation for non-conforming product and equipment need to be and how often should this be done? AIB required monthly but SQF is more complicated. This is element 2.4.6 in the code.

In addition what equipment is considered non-conforming? Does this apply to hilo's, machinery, etc.. Thank you:)

Hi, charbear;

This is simply a policy that dictates what action would be taken if product or equipment is found to be out of spec (internal), or non-conforming to what ever regulations are specific to your industry.  I have attached a copy of our current policy that has satisfied auditors since 2014 which you may find as a useful example. There are some conditions which may need to cross-reference other policies as well.

Non-conforming Product or Equipment New.docx   24.79KB   374 downloads

3 Likes2 Thanks
I agree fully with Slab.

And yes, it would include equipment and not just product.

An example of this would be you have a dough extruder and 5 holes on the face of the disk are jammed up... it becomes non conforming to your specs so it is simply what are you going to do with it and how are you going to tag it out etc.
1 Thank

Hi, charbear;

This is simply a policy that dictates what action would be taken if product or equipment is found to be out of spec (internal), or non-conforming to what ever regulations are specific to your industry.  I have attached a copy of our current policy that has satisfied auditors since 2014 which you may find as a useful example. There are some conditions which may need to cross-reference other policies as well.

Non-conforming Product or Equipment New.docx

Thank you so much for the attachment it helped clarify that I'm on the right track! very much appreciated!

1 Thank

I agree fully with Slab.

And yes, it would include equipment and not just product.

An example of this would be you have a dough extruder and 5 holes on the face of the disk are jammed up... it becomes non conforming to your specs so it is simply what are you going to do with it and how are you going to tag it out etc.

Thank you very much it made sense to me the way you explained it :)

I agree with Slab and SQFconsultant. I think it is also a good idea to have triggers to justify a product or equipment being non-conforming. To add to SQFconsultant's example. If dough extruder has 5 holes jammed but as a company you have determined that you can function for a period of time with 5 jammed holes but 3-4 holes becomes a quality or productivity issue, then your trigger would be 4 holes.  

Thank you so much for the responses.It has assisted me so much.

Kindest Regards

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?