What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Shatterproof Glass (11.2.3.4)

Started by , Apr 05 2017 03:25 PM
5 Replies

Hi all, 

In our facility, we have 2 rooms where product is processed that have windows without shatterproof glass. We do have shatterproof glass in the main production areas and these two rooms in question are very small scale. I'm wondering, instead of replacing all of the glass or putting 3M film on all of it, would it be acceptable for me to write a policy that if there ever was a window to shatter in either of those two rooms, we would scrap all product in the room, without question. 

So I would be against the code by not having shatterproof glass, but I feel like I could defend it and not get a NC (or at least feel like I shouldn't). Would this work? 

Thank you all for any feedback!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Implementing Shatterproof covers Shatterproof clocks Shatterproof light bulbs - To cover or not to cover Safety, heat resistance and shatterproof-ness of wired glass?
[Ad]
What food safety standards do you follow

Sent from my E2363 using Tapatalk

It will be for SQF level 2.

Get shatterproof glass or render it shatterproof.
1 Like

Hi all, 

In our facility, we have 2 rooms where product is processed that have windows without shatterproof glass. We do have shatterproof glass in the main production areas and these two rooms in question are very small scale. I'm wondering, instead of replacing all of the glass or putting 3M film on all of it, would it be acceptable for me to write a policy that if there ever was a window to shatter in either of those two rooms, we would scrap all product in the room, without question. 

So I would be against the code by not having shatterproof glass, but I feel like I could defend it and not get a NC (or at least feel like I shouldn't). Would this work? 

Thank you all for any feedback!

In most (all?) FS Standards the prevention of safety-related events due to hazards such as Glass is typically a PRP.

The logic is to provide Proactive control (eg shatterproof) rather than Reactive as in yr solution.

Think HACCP.

1 Like

In most (all?) FS Standards the prevention of safety-related events due to hazards such as Glass is typically a PRP.

The logic is to provide Proactive control (eg shatterproof) rather than Reactive as in yr solution.

Think HACCP.

Good answer
I really have same word of reply when stocked with this query.
Thanks

Sent from my E2363 using Tapatalk

Similar Discussion Topics
Implementing Shatterproof covers Shatterproof clocks Shatterproof light bulbs - To cover or not to cover Safety, heat resistance and shatterproof-ness of wired glass?