What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lab equipment reviews?

Started by , Apr 13 2017 03:09 PM
1 Reply

Hello IFSQN Community,

I am building our very first in house lab and need some guidance on equipment. If you have worked with any of these machines please let me know what you think of it.

Water Activity & Moisture

- Novasina Labtouch Water Activity Instrument (aw only)

Novasina Mfr # 260 0775

- Schaller Aw Meter (aw & moisture)
  SCH12005 + accessories

- Aqualab Dew Point Moisture Analyzer 4TE Duo (aw & moisture)

Three very different machines, that all claim they are the best...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification
[Ad]

I cannot speak to the first two, but I have used the Aqualab 4TE (though NOT the Duo), and found it to be generally reliable.  Keep it clean, verify calibration regularly, and it seems to keep going pretty well. 

I do not know what the additional aspect of measuring straight moisture would do to affect that reliability, though - we did all of our moisture testing on separate Ohaus units.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration