What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk Assessment on lifter used for raw material and waste

Started by , Apr 13 2017 04:33 PM
1 Reply

Our dairy plant has devided into 3 hygiene zone levels: basic, medium & high care zone. The flow of materials must go from basic to medium to high and vice versa (no shortcut)

In order to move the raw materials (powders) from outside ground (no zone)  to the 1st floor (basic care zone), we use two lifters. One is supposed to be used for transferring of Raws and the other is for waste.

But recently, while doing the GMP inspection, I noticed that both 2 lifters are used for transferring raws for CAPACITY purpose. This means waste would be transferred the same in the 2 lifters though not at the same time(I asked). I know  this is wrong. But can't remember where is the standard or regulation for this . 

In case we have to use the same lifters for both raws and waste, then I suppose we must do an RA (type of waste is mostly milkpowder bags) then have an alternative cleaning & disinfecting step.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

Our dairy plant has devided into 3 hygiene zone levels: basic, medium & high care zone. The flow of materials must go from basic to medium to high and vice versa (no shortcut)

In order to move the raw materials (powders) from outside ground (no zone)  to the 1st floor (basic care zone), we use two lifters. One is supposed to be used for transferring of Raws and the other is for waste.

But recently, while doing the GMP inspection, I noticed that both 2 lifters are used for transferring raws for CAPACITY purpose. This means waste would be transferred the same in the 2 lifters though not at the same time(I asked). I know  this is wrong. But can't remember where is the standard or regulation for this . 

In case we have to use the same lifters for both raws and waste, then I suppose we must do an RA (type of waste is mostly milkpowder bags) then have an alternative cleaning & disinfecting step.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Up

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment