What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to eliminate white spots and reduce black specs in Mango Puree

Started by , Apr 30 2017 03:40 AM
1 Reply

Dear all,

I have just finished my first batch of mango puree. However, we are concerned about the number of visible white spots inside the puree. We suspect that we failed at the sorting phase by letting through mangoes with white spongy flesh.

Regarding the black speck count, we find some irregular large black specks in our puree.

Thank you for taking time to read this. If any fellow puree producer has encountered the same problems or has any idea on how to eliminate these specks and dots please drop me a message.

Thank you all!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
EU regulations on black spec allowance in sugar Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant? Shelf life of black olives thermally sealed in cans with no preservatives Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? Finished Product Micro Testing Specs
[Ad]

Dear all,

I have just finished my first batch of mango puree. However, we are concerned about the number of visible white spots inside the puree. We suspect that we failed at the sorting phase by letting through mangoes with white spongy flesh.

Regarding the black speck count, we find some irregular large black specks in our puree.

Thank you for taking time to read this. If any fellow puree producer has encountered the same problems or has any idea on how to eliminate these specks and dots please drop me a message.

Thank you all!

Hi JWPh,

Not my area but some possibly related discussion here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...o-specks-count/

"specks" are clearly a common problem, eg this mango puree spec. here -

specification - Alphonso-Mango-Puree.pdf   159.98KB   11 downloads

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
EU regulations on black spec allowance in sugar Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant? Shelf life of black olives thermally sealed in cans with no preservatives Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? Finished Product Micro Testing Specs Thoughts regarding allergen control and supplier specs that detail May Contain? Label claims on supplements how to reduce testing Use of white out in office and plant? White label - requirements for food manufacturing Glove use when frying foods to reduce cross contamination