What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Still feel confused between BRC-UK and GFSI

Started by , May 12 2017 03:27 PM
5 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this forum and I am new to the United States. Currently, I have an offer from a food company from China that they want to export the food/snack to the USA. And I try the vendor applications on Walmart, but Walmart replies me that they need a certification of GFSI. But our company has already got the ISO22000, BRC-UK and HACCP certification. Is these certifications weight the same as GFSI? Or I need to apply for GFSI again in the United States? 

Yours sincerely

Showy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate?
[Ad]

Hi Showy,

BRC is a recognised GFSI scheme, so you BRC certificate will be sufficient. ISO22000 is not recognised by GFSI (although FSSC22000 is).

Walmart may have a different view. My suggestion would be to contact their purchasing department directly and speak to someone who understands what they require.  Walmart can be very difficult to deal with

Hi Showy,

BRC is a recognised GFSI scheme, so you BRC certificate will be sufficient. ISO22000 is not recognised by GFSI (although FSSC22000 is).

Thank you very much!

Walmart may have a different view. My suggestion would be to contact their purchasing department directly and speak to someone who understands what they require.  Walmart can be very difficult to deal with

Thanks a lot. Haha I can tell they are hard to deal with lol

Hi Showy,

I agree with the above. The evidence is on the GFSI web site. They list the recognized standards on there.

http://www.mygfsi.co...programmes.html

Sharon

Similar Discussion Topics
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? Choosing the right GFSI Certification GFSI certification for current or existing suppliers