What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.3.4 Contract Manufacturers

Started by , Jun 06 2017 12:27 PM
1 Reply

Hi! I would like to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly. This is a required element if your company is under "Contract"  with companies it outsources to. Our company maintains "at will" status with all of our suppliers and outsourcing manufacturers so is this not an exempt element for us as there are no contractual agreements?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance
[Ad]

In SQF-land, a contract can be an invoice. You agreed to provide money for goods and services, just becuase it isn't an ongoing agreement doesn't mean it's not a contract. Are you keeping liability for the products produced at the contract manufacturers, or are you selling ingredients for their products? That's how I'd segregate the downstream/WIP services. Upstream services, they're suppliers, no matter if you order from them once or never.

Supplier approval and contract service/manufacturer approval is one of the most burdensome requirements of a GFSI scheme. It also happens to be one of the best ways to prevent issues if you have the management commitment to pick good ones and be willing to switch/drop bad ones.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category? SAQ for Contract Service Suppliers Facility Registration for a Brand utilizing co-manufacturers and third-party distributors SQF 2.3.3.2 - High Risk co-manufacturers - confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code Guide to Inspections of Low Acid Canned Food Manufacturers