What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Acidified Foods & Restroom Cleaning

Started by , Jun 07 2017 11:25 AM
2 Replies

I was recently told that one of our plants was informed by the FDA that if you process acidified foods your restrooms must be cleaned daily. I am trying to find this in the code. Can anyone lend assistance? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
5-Log Reductions and Acidified Matrices Looking for a recommendation on a canning line for a hot filled acidified beverage Hot fill and acid in acidified food Least sterilizing value - z value acidified product Acidified foods - Dietary supplements
[Ad]

This is all I could find

• Toilet facilities − Each plant must provide employees with adequate, readily accessible toilet facilities. Toilet facilities must be kept clean and must not be a potential source of contamination of food, food-contact surfaces, or food-packaging materials

www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/UCM526507.pdf

Food Code and CFR GMP's don't include any cleaning interval requirements for toilets, nor do the acidified foods regulations or old school FDA sanitary standards. All of them simply state that they need to be "maintained in a sanitary manner" or "cleaned at a frequency which prevents the adulteration of food" or something similar.

Someone misheard or some FDA person is taking what they've seen as common practice and now saying it's a requirement.

Similar Discussion Topics
5-Log Reductions and Acidified Matrices Looking for a recommendation on a canning line for a hot filled acidified beverage Hot fill and acid in acidified food Least sterilizing value - z value acidified product Acidified foods - Dietary supplements Will a VCM bring my acidified product to required temp for hot-fill-hold processing? How to calculate least sterilization value for acidified product? Hot Fill Hold Process SOP for Acidified Foods Acid/Acidified Food Process Authority Why do you choose to carry out a sterilization process for some pastes as an acidified product?