What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Defense rule of FSMA - Open Ponds

Started by , Jun 14 2017 07:45 PM
3 Replies

Our final food grade product is stored in open ponds prior to shipping to customers. I'm looking for guidance on how to ensure we meet the Food Defense rule of FSMA as we move towards compliance date. We have preventive controls for human food in place, but how do we ensure we address intentional adulteration?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.
[Ad]

Our final food grade product is stored in open ponds prior to shipping to customers. I'm looking for guidance on how to ensure we meet the Food Defense rule of FSMA as we move towards compliance date. We have preventive controls for human food in place, but how do we ensure we address intentional adulteration?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jross,

Do you mean it's a fish ?

Final product is actually the liquid calcium chloride.

I think you need to guarantee there is no way that someone can access your liquid CaCl2 and add contaminants to it.
Do you have physical barriers (i.e. fences) and surveillance equipment (cameras) ?

By ahving it in open ponds, how do you avoid birds pooping on it?

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Food Fraud & Food Defense Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.