What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to conduct Temperature distribution test for steam air retort?

Started by , Jun 17 2017 01:47 AM
3 Replies

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone can guide me on how to conduct temperature distribution test for steam air retort. or in simple word how to find the cold spot in retort. Any and every help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard Temperature recording document in Excel Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food?
[Ad]

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone can guide me on how to conduct temperature distribution test for steam air retort. or in simple word how to find the cold spot in retort. Any and every help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

hi Dave,

afaik this involves multiple distributed thermocouples and i suspect is probably a professional challenge.

If canning, IIRC, US requires the thermal process to be approved by a "Competent Authority" (although i recall being surprised in a previous thread here that apparently no on-site inspection is mandated).

1 Thank
So when you place probes. Do you place them inside the containers or outside the containers and see which one reaches to last to process temperature.

Dave

So when you place probes. Do you place them inside the containers or outside the containers and see which one reaches to last to process temperature.

Dave

Hi Dave ,

Both.

Have a look at these -

https://www.fda.gov/...s/ucm106175.htm

IFTPS guidelines.pdf   1.06MB   37 downloads

temperature distribution studies.pdf   909.65KB   45 downloads

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard Temperature recording document in Excel Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution