What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the change to FSSC 22000 Version 4?

Started by , Jun 19 2017 06:34 PM
2 Replies

Hi

What is the change to V4? Are there new standards to download from the ISO website? I have ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 22002-1:2009 already. Are there updates to these?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

As far as I have seen so far, FSSC 22000 additional requirements have been updated. ISO 22000:2005 is not yet updated, but it is in the works. I don't think 22002-1 is being looked at yet.

ISO 22000 page

https://www.iso.org/...management.html

ISO 22000 revision page, est release in 2018.

https://www.iso.org/...0-revision.html

Most notable change from v.3 to v.4 is the addition of a food fraud detection and prevention program (http://www.fssc22000...ads.xml?lang=en you'll want Part II, s.2.1.4.6). It's a similar idea to food defense, but this it at EMA (economically motivated adulteration) specifically, as in things people are doing to the food to make it cheaper for them to produce or for them to be able to sell it at a higher price when it isn't truly warranted (eg dying paprika with Sudan red and calling it Kashmiri paprika, which is apparently the cream of the crop, when it is not actually). Also, once on v.4 you are going to have one of the three audits as an unannounced audit. I would be shocked to heck if a CB chose the first audit as an unannounced because that would just cause way too much stress for everyone involved, so likely your second or third year of the certificate will be an unannounced. 

Hi

What is the change to V4? Are there new standards to download from the ISO website? I have ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 22002-1:2009 already. Are there updates to these?

Hi there,

See FOOD SAFETY SYSTEM CERTIFICATION 22000 Part 2: Requirements for Certification

The following additional requirements are added:
Food Defense
Food Fraud prevention
Management of allergens
Product labelling
Environmental monitoring

TS ISO 22002-1 Prerequisite programmes on food safety — Part 1: Food manufacturing already included some of these requirements but in less detail:
10.3 Allergen management
11.5 Monitoring sanitation effectiveness
18 Food defence, biovigilance, and bioterrorism

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Reformulation change and use up of film