What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How condensation could impact on Aw in the top layer of powders?

Started by , Jun 21 2017 12:21 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,

I have the question about presence of condensation and possible microbial growth. 
I'm working in low-moisture food industry and for me any water is enemy for the product.

However we get some powder raw materials in tankers with presence of condensationn.

What do you think, is it real risk of micro growth?

Do you know, how condensation could impact on Aw in the top layer of powders?  Can I calculate it somehow?

Based on common sense one drop of condensate will not change low Aw, but 100..1000 drops etc it is big difference.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts, recommendations, directions etc

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance IFS 4.4.5 - determining the impact of services on finished products
[Ad]

I recommend your company invests in a dehumidifier system, there is a company in Sweden that specializes in such environmental commercial areas.

See the link below, hope this helps:

https://www.munters.com/en/

Belmont 2201,

Thank you for answer, there are really good solutions. It could help us to solve the moisture problem.

However I'm still looking for information, which could be suitable for explanation of risks associated with condensation. 

I would really appreciate for this info

Similar Discussion Topics
Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance IFS 4.4.5 - determining the impact of services on finished products Help to calculate thickness of coating layer Impact of new off-site warehouse on system for SQF Preventing Condensation on Hood Vents Food Defense - Public Health Impact Are paper sacks with inner liner (or with inner liner removed) OK for powders?