What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSSC finding for not conducting final product MRL testing

Started by , Jul 11 2017 06:04 AM
3 Replies

Finding: Final product was not analyzed for MRL’s (pesticide residues) heavy metals, SO2 levels or Aflatoxins to verify legal compliance.

We are a company that manufactures Jam and Fruit Juice Concentrate.

I need assistance please with the finding above.

do I send all my products for pesticide residues, heavy metals, SO2 levels or Aflatoxins to verify legal compliance.

or must I risk asses them.

which are the legal compliance I need to refer to?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

Hi Wendy

I have a colleague whose company also makes fruit juice concentrates and they test each batch they produce, what they test depends on the country they export to but for most cases the standard *additional tests are as you mentioned pesticide residues, heavy metals, SO2 levels and Aflatoxins.

*I say additional tests because there are obviously other internal tests that is done like brix, colour, pH etc.

Are you selling local or to which countries do you export to?

I would say that it is information your suppliers should be providing. I request pesticide, heavy metal and authenticity analyses from all our suppliers for each product they supply on an annual basis. This is considered sufficient by BRC. We do send out samples for analysis occasionally as there will be some variance. This is for juices, purees and whole fruit.

1 Thank

Hi Wendy

I have a colleague whose company also makes fruit juice concentrates and they test each batch they produce, what they test depends on the country they export to but for most cases the standard *additional tests are as you mentioned pesticide residues, heavy metals, SO2 levels and Aflatoxins.

*I say additional tests because there are obviously other internal tests that is done like brix, colour, pH etc.

Are you selling local or to which countries do you export to?

We only sell local.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products FSSC Internal auditor competency Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme