What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we need a disinfection procedure in an alcohol spirit plant?

Started by , Jul 18 2017 09:11 PM
2 Replies

Hello Everybody

I would like to know your opinion about this statement I heard from a manager working in a spirit drinks ( gi, vodka,whisky, liqueur, liqueur cream...) factory.

This person said " we do not need any disinfectant product in our cleaning and disinfection procedure because we deal with alcohol and alcohol kills any bacteria, that is why we do not need it".

I do not have a deep experience in the spirit drinks sector so I thought it would be a good idea to ask to those who deal or have experience in this sector.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Esther

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Food loss and waste procedure Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor?
[Ad]

Hi Esther,

I think you need to investigate the potential flora present for example, alcohol is not very effective against bacterial spores:
https://www.cdc.gov/...-guidelines.pdf

Kind regards,

Tony

Thank you Grade! for your answer and for the link.

What you said is was I thoguht. I have even thought that spores in a spirit drink can be a risk if you are using that spirit link in a food preparation ( some cake for example).

But what surprised me most was is that statement coming from a food handler . For me it is like if a manager working in a canning factory was to say " we do not disinfect any equipment or any utensil because our product is going through a canning process"

Regards

Esther

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Food loss and waste procedure Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Pasteurization Procedure for Tom Yum Paste Pathogen Testing in a meat processing plant HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives.