What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to Validate Prerequisite Programs (PRP’s)?

Started by , Jul 20 2017 03:18 PM
3 Replies

I WORK FOR A FOOD PROCESSING COMPANY. WE HAVE AN UP AND RUNNING PREREQUISITE PROGRAM ON GROUND. WE WERE ONLY TOLD RECENTLY BY AN EXTERNAL AUDITOR THAT WE NEED TO VALIDATE ALL OUR PREREQUISITE PROGRAMS. HOW TRUE IS IT?

IF IT'S POSSIBLE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A GUIDELINE FOR VALIDATING PRP'S? DO I ALSO NEED TO VALIDATE ALL MY PRPS'

THANKS

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Prerequisite program trainings in food industry SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Prerequisite Programs and Documentation Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified?
[Ad]
1 Thank

The attachment kick provided is very informative, thank you for sharing kick.  

I know you do not need to worry about meeting USDA's Guidelines in America but FSIS did develop a helpful document on validating PRP's with some examples on how they expect them to be done.  It might at least give you a perspective on how it can be done.  If the PRP supports your Food Safety System then it should be validated in some way. 

Attached Files

2 Thanks

I WORK FOR A FOOD PROCESSING COMPANY. WE HAVE AN UP AND RUNNING PREREQUISITE PROGRAM ON GROUND. WE WERE ONLY TOLD RECENTLY BY AN EXTERNAL AUDITOR THAT WE NEED TO VALIDATE ALL OUR PREREQUISITE PROGRAMS. HOW TRUE IS IT?

IF IT'S POSSIBLE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A GUIDELINE FOR VALIDATING PRP'S? DO I ALSO NEED TO VALIDATE ALL MY PRPS'

THANKS

It depends on the FS Standard.

For example sqf7.2,Lvl2 does not require validation of PRPs (can see previous discussions on this Forum).

This also implies a caveat to the link in Post 2

@Mulan, the FSIS methodology IMO contains some superb content/explanation but (sadly) seems to be often misaligned to requirements of other FS standards, either partially or more so. I'm not sure that any  (GFSI-recognised) FS Standard follows its complete presentation ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Prerequisite program trainings in food industry SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Prerequisite Programs and Documentation Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? How can one validate claims made on a product? Final Guidance for Industry: Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals Published How do you validate allergen cleaning in spiral freezers on change over? How to validate a metal detector in the packaging of dry bakery premixes? Which programs require validation