What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Validation of Allergen Cleaning for Coconut

Started by , Jul 21 2017 10:10 PM
3 Replies

Hello Food Safety professionals.  

I have run into quite a conundrum.  We have a shared line that processes both coconut water and other juices.  We are looking for a way to verify all coconut residue has been cleaned prior to running our other non-allergen containing juices.  

We are currently swabbing for allergens and the manufacturer of our swabs informed us there is no validation study for coconut residue swabbing.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  

I need a validated was to verify our cleaning program is removing all coconut residue from our equipment.

Thank You in Advance,

AM

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation
[Ad]

Hello Food Safety professionals.  

I have run into quite a conundrum.  We have a shared line that processes both coconut water and other juices.  We are looking for a way to verify all coconut residue has been cleaned prior to running our other non-allergen containing juices.  

We are currently swabbing for allergens and the manufacturer of our swabs informed us there is no validation study for coconut residue swabbing.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  

I need a validated was to verify our cleaning program is removing all coconut residue from our equipment.

Thank You in Advance,

AM

I think you mean a validation procedure to show that that the cleaning program is ........ ???

There apparently exist kits available to detect coconut allergen. (Google) ??

You might consider utilizing FARRP (Food Allergy Research and Resource Program).  They were helpful to us when we were setting up our Allergen Control Program  You do not have to be a member to access some of the resources available on their site and they can still run tests for you at their laboratory, if you need testing done.

Attached Files

I think you mean a validation procedure to show that that the cleaning program is ........ ???

There apparently exist kits available to detect coconut allergen. (Google) ??

I've used these kits in the past to validate SSOPs for removal of coconut protein: http://elutiontechno...roduct/coconut/

They also have a rapid test kit as well. Both have lower limits of 2ppm so you would only be able to report out that surfaces are <2ppm after cleaning.

You might consider utilizing FARRP (Food Allergy Research and Resource Program).  They were helpful to us when we were setting up our Allergen Control Program  You do not have to be a member to access some of the resources available on their site and they can still run tests for you at their laboratory, if you need testing done.

That's a great FARRP publication i've used for reference many times as well as recommended to others.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation What should be included in a cook validation? What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence