What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to measure the effectiveness of IBC cleaning?

Started by , Aug 09 2017 12:03 PM
2 Replies

We re-use some of our IBC`s and want to be better at checking the washed IBC`s. As for now we wash the IBC`s with 80 oC hot water, places the cap by the end of the outlet. We run a 5 min washing program by sprayhead.

After the 5 min we check if the water in the cap are clean and not foaming. If OK the IBC-wash is finished if no 1 min wash until rinsewater is clear and not foaming.

I want suggestions to quick controls other than this visual control, please.

I thought measuring pH may be a suggestion...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses
[Ad]

Hi Conny T,

As always, it depends on what you're cleaning out. We store fruit juices. We have a rinse, caustic, rinse, PAA and then rinse cycle. Completion is by litmus and swab validation. Works for us.

You`re right BrummyJim :spoton:

We are cleaning out soaps, creams and Desinfection gels. Some gels form harddissolved jelly structures which are very hard to see at the visual control we are using now. The problem also is that some of the products have the same pH as water so a quick pH teststrip is not the solution I have found out.

Now I think conductivity....?

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards