What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Handling Complaints in HACCP

Started by , Aug 10 2017 07:22 PM
2 Replies

Hi All,

I am a new member at the Forum.

I had a small query regarding how are temperature related complaints handled in HACCP? Does the complainant have to use any formal document and does the second party have to report back using a formal document to the complainant and do these documents need to be logged?

Could some one kindly throw some light on the process?

Thanx in advance.

RDS

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling
[Ad]

Hi All,

I am a new member at the Forum.

I had a small query regarding how are temperature related complaints handled in HACCP? Does the complainant have to use any formal document and does the second party have to report back using a formal document to the complainant and do these documents need to be logged?

Could some one kindly throw some light on the process?

Thanx in advance.

RDS

Hi RDS,

The specifics likely depend on the particular case, eg whether Regulatory/Insurance/Contractual  situations are involved.

Either way, the first requirement is usually to obtain reliable (eg validated) evidence so as to justify any envisaged complaint.

You may have to provide more specific details to get relevant feedback.

Your HACCP should deal with potential contamination and what you do to reduce or prevent it.  Your complaint handling procedure is separate from your HACCP program.  Both are part of your food safety program.

SQF requirements state that you should have a written record of complaints, their resolution, and the corrective and preventative actions.  Management should be reviewing customer complaints for any trends showing improvement or an increase in the number of complaints.

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling SOP for Handling of Expired Raw Materials Organic Handling and Processing Storage and Handling of Glass Regulations on handling adverse events and complaints in the food industry Handling UPC codes