What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are safety utility knives with replaceable blades allowed?

Started by , Aug 11 2017 02:49 PM
4 Replies

Has anyone been audited and told that their place of business can't use safety utility knives with replaceable blades, they have to have a handle with a blade attached? Thanks Arigdon

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6
[Ad]

What function are the knives be used in?  I wouldn't want to use knives with replaceable blades in processing because the attachment points for the blades could be hard to clean and harbor bacteria, but if you're talking about regular box cutters for the purpose of... well... box cutting... I would think you're fine.

1 Thank

Yes, our last SQF auditor said no knives with replaceable blades and said we had to account for all knives and their blades.

1 Thank

Thank you for the feedback.  CM Heywood what is you plan going forward do you need to do a risk assessment for the blades of the knives?  How are you going to correct it going forward?

Thanks,

AR

At this point, I don't know.  Our FSP has not told me what is planned.  She had said shortly after our SQF audit at the end of January that she didn't know what we could do.

Similar Discussion Topics
9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Health & Safety Risk Assessment Developing a Workplace Safety Program